Washington Jumbo Loans
Washington jumbo loans offer home buyers a great opportunity to purchase a property at more flexible terms. This type of financing is available for buyers who do not qualify for a conventional loan due to the high value of the home. In fact, jumbo loans are a type of mortgage loan that exceed the limits set by the Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA) and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (FHLMC). In most country areas this limit is $647,200. Like many mortgage programs, jumbo mortgage in Washington can be both fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages (ARM). Fixed-rate jumbo loans have monthly payments that will not change over the life of the loan, while adjustable-rate ones consider monthly payments that can be changed if interest rates go up or down.
Also, you should know that Jumbo loans are available with various terms, such as 15-year, 20-year, and 30-year terms and can also be used to refinance an existing mortgage.
In most cases, Jumbo loans are used to purchase primary residences, secondary residences, and investment properties.
Pros and Cons of Jumbo loans in Washington
Do you consider getting a jumbo loan to purchase a property in Washington? Learn about the key advantages and disadvantages of this program.
Pros of Jumbo loans
When it comes to mortgages, bigger is definitely better. Jumbo loans offer a number of advantages over conventional loans, and as a result, they have become an increasingly popular choice for homebuyers in recent years. Here are just a few of the top benefits of jumbo loans:
- Jumbo loans have higher loan limits than conventional loans, meaning you can borrow more money to purchase your dream home.
- More flexible underwriting standards and qualification guidelines, which means that you may qualify for a jumbo loan a lot easier.
- You can agree on lower interest rates from a lender depending on your financial situation.
- Jumbo loans offer terms flexibility, providing access to interest-only loans and adjustable-rate mortgages.
- No additional expenses for paying private mortgage insurance (PMI).
If you’re in the market for a new home, a Jumbo loan may be the perfect option for you. Contact LBC Mortgage today to learn more about this program and how it can benefit you.
Cons of Jumbo loans
While a jumbo loans have many pluses, there are some minuses you should be aware before applying for this program:
- Jumbo loans are not backed by the government, which means that if you default on your loan, you will bear all the responsibility for the consequences.
- Higher closing costs and rates. Although you can agree on competitive rates with a lender, the average costs can be higher. So if you’re thinking of taking out a jumbo loan, make sure you understand the risks involved.
- Higher down payment than traditional loans. You will have to invest at least 20% of down payment, though in some cases 10% may be enough.
Despite these disadvantages, jumbo loans in Washington can be a good option for borrowers who need more flexible terms.
Washington Jumbo Loan Requirements
- Down payment of at least 20%
- Proof of income and assets. The documents required to qualify for a loan are: bank statements, tax returns, w-2s and 1099s, as well as investment account information.
- The minimum credit score for a jumbo loan is 680, but most lenders will require a credit score of 700 or higher.
- FICO score should be at least 720 to qualify for a loan.
- DTI of 45% or less. This means that your total monthly debt payments should not be more than 45% of your gross monthly income. If your debt-to-income ratio is higher than this, you may still qualify, but you will need to provide additional documentation to prove that you can afford the payments.
- Cash reserves to cover at least 12 months of payments.
- A second home appraisal may be required in addition to the standard appraisal. The second appraisal is used to confirm the value of the property and make sure that it meets the qualifications for a jumbo loan.
Apply for a Washington Jumbo loan today!
Applying for a jumbo loan can seem like a daunting task, but there are some distinct advantages to taking out this type of loan. At LBC Mortgage, we specialize in jumbo loans for borrowers who are looking to finance the purchase of high-priced properties in Washington.
Our loan officers are highly experienced in jumbo lending, and they will work with you every step of the way to make sure you get the best possible loan for your needs and financial situation. We understand that taking out a jumbo loan is a big decision, and we are here to help you by providing sufficient support and answering any questions.
If you are looking for a jumbo loan in Washington, LBC Mortgage is the partner you can trust. Contact us today to learn more about our financing options!